The Journey: My Life so far........

Saturday, September 08, 2007

After one of the world’s worst ever blog written I am going to try and redeem myself by writing happy stories….. It took me while to understand that it is better to be alone and be with your one friend who will never let you down in life….. “Music” After all you can turn off the music when you are not in the mood……Does it not sound perfect a friend who understands your mood. “Thank god for playlists”.

Anyways……I have to tell you about one of the biggest cons in my life…….

Scene I: 2 weeks before merchant banking presentation
I was made the class representative for this elective and was cursing my luck for it as the professor would harass me before the class, during class and after class. He would chew my brains by his non-stop commentary. Then he made the biggest announcement probably in his life “You have presentations next week”. The entire class, which was in deep nindra, was suddenly awake. Even more dynamic 8 topics 6 groups and a lucky draw system. So effectively the group did not know which topic they would have to present….This man was brilliant.

Scene II: the week before the presentation
I divided all the topics among the groups and the entire class was happy about it as they would get all the other presentations and would just have to run through it. But as time approached the batch mates were even more worried…..Which topic would they get to present……..

Scene III: The day of the presentation
After a 4-hour session of Security Analysis and portfolio management, the entire finance batch was exhausted. So I devised a plan. I wrote the group numbers on the chits, which had the topics for presentation. The numbers were according to the topics, which the group has uploaded on the server. Before class I went to meet the professor and told him that I had already prepared the chits. To my surprise he took the chits away from me and said I will take care of this now. I went out of the faculty room, where my batch mates were all the chartered accountants were waiting for me. I told them go inform your group to prepare for all the topics in the next 5 minutes.
Then another shock for me, the professor says my group has to present first, as he wants me to sit next to him after my presentation was over.
The professor walks in with the bowl in his hand and for some reason he hands it over to me. I started looking into the bowl. I found the chit with my topic on it. My group was safe now for the others. The next group leader came to pull out the chit and he just said I am going to say out loud the topic I had prepared. I just nodded my head.
So every group eventually spoke on the topic they had prepared.
The irony of the situation the professor said we were as good as the IIM’s!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Clinton Rozario said...

You always get into leading the batch through the worst of trouble, don't you? Or maybe you're just there at the right time...

1:52 PM  
Blogger Clinton Rozario said...

Mohit hamara neta hai!!!!
[:D]

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home