The Journey: My Life so far........

Sunday, January 14, 2007

It has been 8 months since I have been pursuing a mba. Before I joined college my cousin in America told me that I was making a mistake doing a management course in India.... his theory was that the art(or science) of management was evolved in America. But my contention was that since my family business was based in India, I should understand the dynamics of the Indian market. So I went to pune thinking that I am going to understand the dynamics of the Indian market.

When I reached there on the day of the registration (i like calling it the check in process) I had not been assigned a room (I thought to myself, they are going to teach me management) went running around for getting myself a room. I had to share a room with two more guys so it was going to be hostel life all over again.

Finally after talking to the administrator of the campus I was assigned a room. When I entered the first thing which I saw was my room parnters red coloured undergarments hanging ( I thought to mysel I will have to live with this guy for 2 years). My other room partner had not checked in till then.

Before joining college we had to go through an online foundation course so that all students would be at par and few written assignments. I decided not to venture out to the city. The entire college had gone, the administrator had to organize one more bus to fit everyone. The sight reminded me of Delhi buses but I guess everyone wanted to get out since we were 30 km from the main city.

Sitting in my room and working on one of the assignments an elderly gentlemen entered Asking are you Bh...ar? (cant reveal real names can I) I said no I am Mohit, and then he told me that my other room partner had checked in and he was his father I said brilliant....... I will have company to look at those red chaddis hanging. His mother was quite disappointed when she saw the room and I guessed this was his first time away from home.

So far it has been a boring post but I guarantee a good few weeks ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home